Skip to content

Our Struggle for Sisterhood

February 26, 2012

“Angela D. Coleman, president and founder of the Sisterhood Agenda (sisterhoodagenda.com), agrees that our struggle to love ourselves is at the crux of our issues with one another.   ‘At the core of being able to be a sister, of being someone who can be relied upon for unconditional love and support, is being able to love yourself,’ she says. ‘Intrinsic to sisterhood is self-love, self-esteem, and understanding and accepting who you are.”

Source of Quotation: ESSENCE, August 2009, Black Women Behaving Badly by Kierna Mayo.

6 Comments leave one →
  1. February 27, 2012 7:08 pm

The quote is so true. Ever noticed how the people in our lives who suppress themselves are the quickest to try to get us to dim our own lights? That is why the freedom of one sister boosts the rest of us. The beauty of one sister boosts the rest of us. It makes us each more encouraged and free to pursue the gifts she has. When we act on this knowledge by supporting each other’s victories and refusing to be entertained by each other’s downfalls, we make strides toward the strengthening of us all.

• Dejah permalink
      November 26, 2012 3:37 pm

That is very true, It is a full time occupation to love yourself as a woman in each and every way that you see fit, and once you begin the journey of self love the face of the earth changes indeed! One love*~*

2. January 4, 2013 12:57 am

Hi there, I would like to subscribe to this website for
    updates, so where can i do it please assist.

• January 6, 2013 12:28 am

You can subscribe to the website by clicking on the FOLLOW button located on the top right home page. Don’t forget to enter your email address!

3. January 13, 2013 4:32 pm

I actually speculate as to why you named this specific posting, “Our Struggle for Sisterhood Sisterhood Agenda”.
    No matter what I actually loved the post!Thanks for the post-Akilah

4. February 18, 2013 11:14 am

You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually one
    thing which I feel I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and
    very extensive for me. I am taking a look forward to your next
    put up, I will try to get the hang of it!

Please Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,358 other followers