|MISSION: To uplift and aid in the self-development of women and girls
of African descent, a unique population with special needs.
VISION: Sisterhood Agenda empowers women and girls through:
sisterhood, self-knowledge, self-development and self-esteem.
UPLIFTING WOMEN AND GIRLS
Sisterhood Agenda is an award-winning nonprofit organization founded in 1994 by Angela D. Coleman. Sisterhood Agenda creates and implements activities for women and girls with special emphasis on females of African descent, a unique population with special needs. Sisterhood Agenda projects address social, health, economic, and cultural issues to promote positive life outcomes.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Sisterhood Agenda implements its activities locally in St. John and globally online using webinars, teleconferences, websites, and social media. All Sisterhood Agenda activities are designed to:
- Promote the spirit of sisterhood, cultural awareness and positive behaviors;
- Promote school attendance and achievement;
- Prevent gang violence and juvenile delinquency;
- PrevenT substance abuse;
- Prevent teen pregnancy and HIV/AIDS;
- Promote self-respect and respect for others;
- Stimulate interest in positive media;
- Teach life skills, holistic health and fitness;
- Use research-based approaches that work;
- Engage global women and girls like never before!
Sisterhood Agenda raises funds through grants, contracts, foundations, corporations/businesses, general public donations, product sales and shares programs that have demonstrative success. Sisterhood Agenda program guides, curricula, and educational materials are available here.
Based in the U.S. Virgin Islands with administrative offices in St. John, Sisterhood Agenda partners with all of the schools on the island of St. John and is part of the St. John Youth Coalition, a coalition created by Sisterhood Agenda’s founding President. Sisterhood Agenda local achievements include:
- St. John Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Project
- Books, Educational Materials, Program Curricula, Activity Guides
- A Journey Toward Womanhood & Sisterhood Mentoring Programs
- SHE: Sisters Healthy & Empowered
- Sisterhood/Brotherhood Career Development & Life Skills Empowerment Program
- Sisterhood/Brotherhood New Year’s Eve Youth Extravaganza
- Brotherhood Agenda division
Sisterhood Agenda serves over 5 million constituents each year and has over 3,500 Global Partners in 34 countries. Sisterhood Agenda’s social impact is expanded through collaborative partnerships with agencies, individuals and businesses throughout the United States, Asia, the UK, Africa, Canada, Europe, and India. Global Partners create an extensive sisterhood network. Each agency is listed in Sisterhood Agenda’s Global Sisterhood Directory.
GLOBAL EMPOWERMENT ACADEMY
Sisterhood Agenda Global Empowerment Academy activities take place online and throughout the U.S. Virgin Islands. A new eco-building to educate 100,000 girls is coming soon!