This article includes 5 of the most simple ways to practice self-care. They are simple because they are things you can do today and every day. They can be easily integrated into your daily routine.
Simple is nice! This is nice and simple.
You will love yourself now for doing it and love yourself even more in the future because the love and care you put into these acts will show up in amazing, sometimes unexpected ways.
Let’s begin, shall we?
- Sleep more. Do yourself and everyone around you a big, giant favor by getting more sleep. Go to bed early. Sleep late. Why not do both? It’s good for you. Your mind and body can shut down in peace to restore themselves properly for the next day. Plus, you will be more patient, kind, compassionate, and understanding when you are well-rested.
- Eat well. I don’t mean spending a lot of money on expensive food. I don’t mean eating only healthy food, either. I mean, eating what you and your body need and crave for positive energy, the fuel that keeps you going minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. This reminds you to think about what you eat and drink and to prioritize the pleasures and rewards of eating really good food.
- Take your time. Yes, I know that the to-do list is not going to do itself. But does it have to be today? Right now? What if you just took your sweet time to make things happen in your own time, in your own way? Don’t rush your progress. This type of mindfulness helps you be both productive and relaxed at the same time during your entire day, which helps you manage stress more effectively.
- Go outside. Spending time in nature will instantly make you feel better. It is the secret weapon for improving your mental health. No matter what the weather is, getting fresh air will give your body the refresh it craves to start again.
- Give and receive love. Hugs, kisses, and well wishes… they are all good for practicing self-care. How? Because what you give, you will receive, and receiving love feels so good! Loving from the outside and loving from within are all necessary for a beautiful life.
Know that you don’t have anything to prove.
When you practice self-care, you acknowledge the importance of self. It’s your life! Then, you can enjoy the fullness of what your life can truly be: today, tomorrow, and the next.
Let’s do it!
Photo credit: Guilherme Stecanella, Unsplash