- Stop These 5 Beauty Stereotypes To Live Your Best Life - February 24, 2021
- Dating Do’s and Don’ts During Coronavirus (COVID) - February 15, 2021
- The Benefits of Starting a Hobby - February 8, 2021
Freedom is the most important thing we have in life and it takes deliberate actions to get and remain free.
We can all be free and it starts with our minds.
Angela’s affirmation for freedom
I am free.
I am free to be whomever I want to be and do whatever I want to do at any point in time when I want to do it.
What freedom means
Above all, I want and need to be free. I need to be free to be who I am and what I am at all times.
I want to be free as a woman, free as a person of African descent, free in body, mind, and spirit.
Being free means:
What it takes to be free
What does it take to be free? It takes everything! It is important to recognize that, once free, you have to continually work to maintain your freedom. When you slack up, the troubles begin.
- Make and maintain changes in how you think and operate. If necessary, start over with a reset. Milestones such as birthdays, the new year, even Mondays are great opportunities to start anew.
- Maintain an air of nonchalance and care less about what other people think about you. What you think of yourself is most important.
- Maintain a journal for self-awareness and growth toward complete emancipation.
Use the freedom affirmation
Sometimes, we doubt ourselves. We feel misunderstood and lack a sisterhood tribe to connect to.
Whenever you feel controlled by another person or start questioning who you are, bust out of the confined constraints that society has tried to impose upon you and remember:
You are free.
Image credit: Godisable Jacob, Pexels