Self-care and safety for women and girls is a nonnegotiable requirement.
Violence against women and girls is arguably the most critical public health crisis of our time.
At Sisterhood Agenda, we know that we need to look out for ourselves and each other. Healing is hard work. Our new self-care and safety guide is a comprehensive way to protect yourself during this process, which is full of highs and lows.
Are you experienceing self-care and safety issues related to any of the following:
- Do you have a high number of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences)?
- Are you struggling to get out of a domestic violence or other interpersonal violence situation?
- Are you a survivor of child sexual abuse, rape, or sexual assault?
- Are you currently or planning to take legal action against your employer for racial and/or gender discrimination?
- Are you currently or planning to take legal action against your abuser for abuse and/or negligence?
- Are you in the process of healing and feel stuck?
- Do you feel generally unsafe?
Whether you are going through a hard time, fighting a spiritual battle, pressing charges against an abuser, attending therapy, and moving through your healing process, we could all use some empathy, caring assistance, and help.
These tips are useful reminders to take care of the person who is most important in your life-YOU.
Photo credit: Bankole Adeoni, Pexels