Latest posts by Ashley Poteat (see all)
- Stay Cool And Stylish With These Trendy Shades - June 7, 2021
- Top 5 Timeless Trends - January 26, 2021
- Ways to Style Denim on Denim - December 31, 2018
Denim is one of those materials that everyone owns and loves, but pairing denim together can be risky when it comes to fashion. There are many clothing items to choose from and more than one way to wear it. From button-down shirts to denim dresses, you can make a look go from casual to classy in no time. The one thing I love most about styling denim on denim is the contrast that you can create when mix and matching different shades and hues of blue denim together.
READ MORE: Natural Protective Hairstyles For the Winter Cold
- One way to layer denim is wearing a denim button-down shirt with jeans. This is a great way to create a monochromatic attire that allows you to be more creative with the accessories you wear. Denim shirts can be worn out for a casual look or tucked into your jeans for a more sophisticated and business look.
- Denim jackets are great for spring and fall looks and are perfect being paired with a jean dress or skirt which give you a clean and modest look. You can also wear the jacket as an accessory or statement piece over your shoulders without actually wearing the jacket. Others ways you can style a denim jacket is by pairing it with blue, black or white jeans with a button-down or a solid colored shirt. Pairing it with different colored denim other than blue is a great way to tone down the ideal denim on denim look and adds depth to your outfit.
- Create contrast with denim pieces by mix and matching different shades of blues. You can pair light, medium and dark wash denim together, as well as pairing any of those with acid wash denim. This adds a sense of boldness to make them look less boring and definitely draws attention to you.
Photo Credit: thecocopolitan.com