Sisterhood Agenda’s community-based Back-to-School Clothing Giveaway was a huge success. In total, Sisterhood Agenda gave away over 500 items of clothing and computers valued at over $32,000!
And… surprise! We also gave away three laptop computers.
We allowed five people at a time in the conference center and wore our masks for public health. Our Back-to-School Clothing Giveaway success was due to the many NEW items of clothing and school items that we gave, specifically:
- Sisterhood Agenda tote bags
- ProSport backpacks
- Dell computers
- Nike sneakers
- Nike athletic wear
- Nike children’s clothing
- Skims leisure wear
- Skims loungewear
- Skims undergarments
- Converse sneakers
- Winter gloves, hats, scarves
- Natural beauty supplies
Many of you have asked us about the next giveaway. Sisterhood Agenda does community-based giveaways as often as we can and we strive to do it at least once per year where we are based in Baltimore County and on the island of St. John in the Virgin Islands.
We collect items throughout the year from our community partners, agencies, and individual donors.
Thank you to all of our hardworking team members and special thanks to:
- Radio One and radio stations Magic 95.9fm and Q 92fm for promotions and live broadcasting
- Costco for donated refreshments
- Giant Food for donated refreshments
- The Buddy Project for laptop computer donations
- Beco Properties for Conference Center event space
Do you have a Back-to-School Clothing Giveaway Success story to share? Share your story with us or comment below.
Photo credits: Jaden Brown