In greatest gratitude, thank you for your support for over two decades of sisterhood service. We did it!
Sisterhood Agenda constituents are invited to participate in Sisterhood Agenda’s intimate gathering, Celebrating Sisterhood: 25 Years of Service in Washington, DC.
Sisterhood Agenda’s 25-year anniversary is a celebration of our work as a model of sisterhood sustainability. We are a small 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization with a global agenda and substantive local impacts in communities that include over 5,000 global partners in 36 countries. As an international leader, we inspire the work of our partners and constituents, and in turn, we are consistently inspired by YOU!
THIS IS LIKELY THE OPPORTUNITY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
This intimate gathering is an invitation-only event. It is a unique occasion to connect and re-engage Sisterhood Agenda and our global sisterhood network.
In attendance: Sisterhood Agenda global partners, global girls, founders, community leaders, donors, friends and family, Sisterhood of Greatness Award representatives, and constituents who manifest the power of sisterhood and are committed to the agenda.
There is NO FEE to attend our gathering, which includes presentations, awards, unique cultural experiences, and networking. You are responsible for your own travel, meals, and accommodations.
SISTERHOOD OF GREATNESS AWARDS
Do you enjoy celebrating sisterhood? If you are reading this, I bet you do! You are invited to join us in Celebrating Sisterhood: 25 Years of Service throughout 2019. Because of you, we are successful. Do you know a great sister?
Nominate yourself or someone you know for the Sisterhood of Greatness Award presented at Sisterhood Agenda’s Celebrating Sisterhood event later this year. This may be helpful:
Since 1994, Sisterhood Agenda has been uplifting, empowering, and support women and girls. Starting in Durham, North Carolina and traveling around the world, we are proud to be the #1 Sisterhood Agency in the world!
We have exciting events and activities planned throughout the year around our theme of Celebrating Sisterhood: 25 Years of Service. To receive updates, make sure you are part of our global sisterhood network and follow us on your preferred social media site.
- Sisterhood Agenda was founded by Angela D. Coleman shortly after she completed her degrees at Princeton University and was motivated to do something about the issues that she studied, including, but not limited to, gender identity, cultural pride, racial identity, stigma, empowerment, social comparison, and self-esteem.
- Starting out with our founder’s small initial financial investment and no funding or grants, Sisterhood Agenda relied solely on public donations, mostly given by parents of program participants, to implement its first program, A Journey Toward Womanhood.
- Sisterhood Agenda has won at least one award every year of its existence, sometimes winning 2 or 3 per year, totaling over 30 agency awards. Go Sisterhood Agenda!
- In addition to its esteemed team of advisors, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers, and interns, Sisterhood Agenda is a multi-generational effort involving our founder, Angela D. Coleman, her mother, Bernice Coleman-Wike, and her daughter, Ayana Coleman-Dixon.
- Sisterhood Agenda’s reach is massive: with over 5,000 partners in 36 countries, the organization reaches over 2 million women and girls every year.
- Sisterhood Agenda built its SEA: Sisterhood Empowerment Academy on St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. This unique eco-building is the only one of its kind with its female-centered dedicated safe spaces for health and healing. In 2017, Sisterhood Agenda was awarded the Energy Global Award for the SEA: Sisterhood Empowerment Academy.