- Surviving Perimenopause and Menopause at Work - February 16, 2023
- How Disappointing People Can Empower YOU - February 14, 2023
- Substance Abuse and Depression-Higher Rates After COVID - January 24, 2023
Sisterhood Agenda has conducted the largest, most comprehensive ACEs study for women.
The results are in! Sisterhood Agenda’s landmark collection of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) data focused on over 23,393 global women ages 18 and over:
What did we find?
That most of us women have four or more ACEs is pretty shocking. That is high and worth noting because ACEs put us at such high risk for future issues.
LIFE AFTER ACES: OVERCOMING GIRLHOOD TRAUMA
Read more below.
The 4 most common ACEs for women
More than 50% of the thousands of women surveyed experienced the following ACEs at alarming rates:
- Did a parent or other adult in the household often …Swear at you, insult you, put you down, or humiliate you? or
Act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt?
67% said YES
- Did you often feel that …No one in your family loved you or thought you were important or special?orYour family didn’t look out for each other, feel close to each other, or support each other?
59% said YES
- Was a household member depressed or mentally ill or did a household member attempt suicide?
56% said YES
- Were your parents ever separated or divorced?
53% said YES
Even though it’s less than half of women surveyed, these numbers of women experiencing ACEs are still very high!
- Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic or who used street drugs?
46% said YES
- Did a parent or other adult in the household often … Push, grab, slap, or throw something at you?orEver hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured?
44% said YES
- Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever…Touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way? or
Try to or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal sex with you?
34% said YES
Create your own user feedback survey
Unhealthy households cannot produce healthy children. We must understand and holistically address ACEs to fully fulfill our lives.
If you had traumatic experiences, were abused and neglected as a child, don’t despair.
At Sisterhood Agenda, we are here to help.
We can overcome our ACEs with self-knowledge and self-care. Therapy and support systems like Sister Circles can help.
THE POWER OF SISTER CIRCLES AND SAFE SPACES
Photo credit: Caleb+Kaci-Carson, Pexels
Thank you for this survey. When will a full report be available to the public?
Greetings! We are still getting lots of surveys in, so we plan to publish the results with our evaluators later this year.