Latest posts by Angela D. Coleman (see all)
- 3 Aromatherapy Scents Inspired by the Sea - January 3, 2019
- Fight Bullies By Being Yourself - January 2, 2019
- 5 Tips to Create a Healing Space to Empower Women and Girls - December 31, 2018
Boredom during summer months out of school can inadvertently encourage technology abuse and may lead to the exploration of activities that have nothing to do with self-development. Planned summer activities for girls during this important time can make a big difference.
When Sisterhood Agenda implemented its SisterCamp: Summer Enrichment Program for several years (reboot coming soon!), we saw firsthand which activities engaged girls the most.
Girls ages 4-13 really enjoy these summer activities for girls, however, youth counselors and older adults loved them, too!
- Swimming, at least twice each week
- Dramatic arts such as plays and musical theater
- Dancing, classes and competitions
- Singing, chorus and solo
- Art projects, including painting and sewing
- Jumping rope, single, Double Dutch
- Affirmations and breathing exercises
- Computer time with technology lessons
- Writing, for example, journals
- Sisterhood, team-building activities
P.S. Don’t forget the snacks, rest and relaxation time after lunch!